Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm not sure if I am actually going to start P90x today or not. I feel like if I don't, I'm just putting it off longer because I want to be lazy. But, I also feel like I shouldn't start it until I get back to school next week. Many of the routines require a pull up bar and I don't have one of those at home. I'm considering driving over to a local park to use their playground equipment as a pull up bar so that I can get started, but I feel like I'll look really weird standing there for an hour and a half doing exercises. We'll just have to see though. I may just run for the rest of the week and officially start the P90x on the first day that I'm back at school, which could be as early as friday evening.

edit: I made a decision. I am officially starting P90x when I get back to school on Saturday. That will give me three weeks to figure out exactly what to do about the weights and pull up bar for the three weeks that I'm home during August.

By the way, it's absolutely insane that school starts back up in 6 weeks! I have a lot to do before then, especially with my weight because I currently cannot fit into any of my jeans from last year and I don't have the money to go out and buy all new clothes. That means I really need to crack down with everything.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck getting started. P90X works. I did the lean version (my hubby the classic) & didn't need the pull-up bar until phase 3 I think (or at least phase 2), so don't worry about it if you don't have it. Follow the nutrition plan if you can; I swear results were 80% eating right & cutting out alcohol (for us) & 20% workouts, but you do need the workouts! The diet helps you to accomplish the workouts & vice versa. I am planning to run a 1/2 Marathon the beginning of August & *maybe* a marathon in October. P90X really helped build my endurance so that running longer distance wasn't as challenging! Again Good Luck & Bring It!! And I lost 16#'s & a bunch of inches. Can't wait to hear about your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, only 6weeks? so crazy. My summer classes are over 3 weeks from Thursday & then fall classes start 7 weeks from Monday (2 days ago). So so so insane. Summer is flying by, which is not fair!

    Good luck with P90X. I'm sure you'll do wonderful with it and appreciate the ending results very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing feeling to not be able to fit into your clothes anymore :) (when they're too big that is)
    Aah the P90X! I heard about that! I started Insanity earlier this year and was about a month into it, but then I needed to stop, cause I really had to concentrate on exams. I should really restart it. The results were amaaazzing. My legs and butt looked SOO nice! haha
    I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm really looking forward to hearing how it goes. Maybe I'll get me the program too!

    And thanks for the comment :)
    I think you should just go at it :) 6 weeks is still a good amount of time. You can definitely get good results. Take care xoxo

    ReplyDelete